Jaw Joint Problems
TMJ Syndrome is a cycle of pain, muscle spasms and joint imbalance where the jaw meets the skull. The initials TMJ stand for the names of the bones that come together at the joint where the lower jaw meets the skull. Cushioning these bones is a thin disc of cartilage.
Five muscles support the joint. When the balance of these bones, cartilage and muscles is lost, the result can be headaches, earaches, difficulty in opening and closing, a clicking or popping in the joint, sore or painful jaw muscles and a dull acheing pain around the ear that spreads into the face, neck, back and shoulders.
This cycle of pain, spasms and joint imbalance can be started by clenching or grinding the teeth, a bad bite caused by missing teeth or badly aligned teeth, a blow to the joint, dislocation of the jaw In the past, arthritis or emotional stress.
Treatments may involve adjusting the bite, restoring and/or replacing missing teeth or by providing the patient with a custom made acrylic splint which can reduce clenching and grinding and help restore harmony to the joint. Millions of people suffer from TMJ Syndrome. Feel free to ask Your Dentist at Street Farm Dental studio how YOU can break the cycle of TMJ problems.
Feel free to ask us, your dentist about jaw joint problems and how we can help. Call us on 01708 853019.
- Tooth Whitening
- Dental veneers
- Dental crowns
- Inlays & Onlays
- Dental Implants
- Gum Reshaping
- Hygienist Service
- Six Month Smiles
- Inman Aligner
- Damon Brackets
- Social 6 Lingual
- A.L.F. Therapy
Fill out the form below & Message us for a near instant reply via email
Smile of the Month
(Click here to view a larger version)
Read our Blog
Watch our Videos
Patients of the Practice
- I can honestly say that I can look forward to our dental appointments
-Claire and Greg Vickers, Cape Town SA
- Street Farm has THE most relaxing atmosphere in the lounge and studio area EVER!
-G Dunnings, Essex
- Your skills and personal manner are excellent. I consider it to be absolutely first class.
-Geoff Beresford, Essex
- Your Studio is a class act and I would recommend you unreservedly.
-Paul Reid, London
- Botox, WOW! What a difference, I look and feel 10 years younger!
-N P, Birmingham
- Just over 3 weeks ago I had my first botox treatment to get rid of my frown lines. I am absolutely thrilled with the results.
-Kelly M, Germany
- Our Studio
- Our Services
- Meet The Team
- Case Studies
- Contact Us